In any pumping application, friction can spell exponential problems for the entire system. This is especially true for instances where fluid handling focuses on abrasive liquids. However, there is a versatile and reliable solution. The new Samoa UP05 pump combines a universal design with a unique frictionless Pivot-Shaft Air Valve to provide maximum performance and energy efficiency, exceeding market expectations.
The Pivot Series 1/2-inch air-operated double diaphragm (AODD) pumps are available in metallic and non-metallic materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, polypropylene, conductive polypropylene, conductive acetal, and PVDF with an extensive range of diaphragms, seats, and balls. They offer a wide range of applications and fluid compatibility.
These pumps are very suitable for fluids with the presence of abrasives and their availability in both non-metallic and metallic options expands their versality to meet most any customer’s needs.
The non-metallic options of the Pivot Series include threaded polypropylene, conductive polypropylene, acetal, and PVDF pumps with a wide range of diaphragms, seats, and balls options, which offer broad fluid and application compatibility. End-users will find these pumps suitable for aggressive chemicals with the presence of abrasives.
These pumps offer
- Superior chemical compatibility.
- Increased resistance to corrosive fluids and atmospheres.
- Robust bolted design for longer operation lifetime compared to clamped pumps.
The metallic versions of the Pivot Series are aluminum and stainless-steel pumps with the same wide range of diaphragms, seats, and balls options. These pumps offer a broad fluid and application compatibility that extends to use in the outdoors and general applications with presence of abrasives. Their sturdy construction provides the following benefits:
- Superior abrasion resistance.
- Stainless steel versions for increased resistance to corrosive fluids, harsh atmospheres, high tensile, and aggressive temperatures.
- Very robust design for longer operation lifetime compared to clamped.
FEATURES THAT MEET TODAY’S DEMANDING APPLICATIONS
Beyond their design options, the Pivot Series pumps also provide users with strong performance features once the job beings, including:
- Higher efficiency: Maximum fluid flow with reduced air consumption.
- Increased reliability: No stall, no icing, reliable start-up and longer air valve and diaphragms life.
- Easy servicing: Simplified maintenance and cleaning. Air valve cartridge easy to replace. The pump is held together by carriage bolts and nuts allowing to accomplish a much faster tear down and rebuild.
- Compact design: Can be configured to connect a smart pump-controller system to actuate, control, and monitor your pumps.
- Universal pump: Easy swap-over of main competitive brands.
BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE
This is only the beginning. Samoa stands out for its R & D at the forefront in the development of air operated pumps and systems for fluid measuring, control and management. It also feeds the product development program with innovating technological concepts, hence creating efficient, functional, and durable products.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Samoa is a leading manufacturer of equipment for fluid manipulation and management and one of the most important worldwide. All this thanks to the state-of-the-art equipment and technology combined with its highly qualified personnel. Samoa designs, develops, manufactures and distributes its own products. For more information, visit www.samoaindustrial.com.
MODERN PUMPING TODAY, January 2024
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Pumping Today Magazine!