Blacoh’s patented SurgeWave™ Transient Monitoring System solves the need for industrial and municipal plant operators to detect and record transient pressure events occurring in water, wastewater, oil and gas, and industrial fluid applications. The system is unique in that it employs a system of dynamic pressure transducers and digital technology to monitor piping systems for indefinite periods of time. When a transient such as a pressure surge, pressure spike, or water hammer event is detected, the system activates a high-speed data recorder to record the event 100 times per second. Use SurgeWave to prevent pipe fatigue, breakage, cavitation, and assist in the modeling of corrective actions.
Often, plant operators do not find out about these dangerous abnormalities until much later when it is too late. With this Blacoh SurgeWave™ Transient Monitoring System installed, it will notify designers, engineers, manufacturers, and operators immediately within a few minutes of the event. They can assess pipeline performance, pressure, flow, and pump speed and perform the necessary corrections and maintenance
Unlike conventional data loggers, SurgeWave’s high-speed data collection allows operators to detect any anomalies that would’ve otherwise gone undetected with insufficient recordings.
The SurgeWave™ Transient Monitoring System features include:
- High-speed data recorder instantly detects and records transient pressures up to 100 times per second
- Capable of capturing positive and negative pressures
- Software, website, and mobile app provide graphical analysis of recorded data
- Alert when any pressure transient is detected
- Set the limits of the system’s normal operating pressure
- Receive email alerts if boundaries are exceeded
- Daily summary report of operations
For more information, visit www.blacohsurge.com.