NEW ORLEANS – Sept. 28, 2018 – Leading global water technology company Xylem (NYSE: XYL) understands that smart alone isn’t enough to manage today’s water challenges. Along with its portfolio of integrated water technologies, Xylem will share a greater level of expertise and pursue closer partnerships through deeper conversation in
Booth 5939 at the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) Oct. 1-3, at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans. Xylem’s extensive range of integrated solutions helps communities tackle critical water challenges like the following:
- Water scarcity and management
- Aging water infrastructure
- Severe weather events
- Operating strategy, cost and labor
- Regulatory compliance
“Addressing today’s water challenges requires innovative solutions, and it is more important than ever that all stakeholders — the private sector, municipalities and community leaders — work collaboratively to enhance the resilience of our utilities,” said Ron Askin, Vice President, Sales, Water Utilities, Xylem. “Advanced technologies play an important role in strengthening critical infrastructure and bolstering preparedness to deal with extreme weather events. WEFTEC provides a timely platform for Xylem to lead this vital conversation on how we build resilience.”
At 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1, at Booth 5939, Xylem will unveil the new Leopold Type 360 Underdrain. With its unique 360-degree backwash capability, the new Leopold Type 360 completely eliminates media dead zones for a cleaner filter, longer filter runs and lower operating costs. All WEFTEC participants are invited to attend; for those not attending in person, the unveiling will be live on Leopold’s Facebook page.
Xylem Events and Experiences
Xylem will continue to advance the discussion on water reuse as a critical component of a sustainable water resource management strategy. At its novel wine-tasting event, attendees can sample three varieties of wine made with purified wastewater. The complimentary tasting event will take place in Xylem Booth 5939 from 4-6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1.
Xylem’s Dr. Rob Smith, Applications Engineer for Wastewater, will present a mobile session from 9-10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, at Booth 4609 Hall F about nutrient analyzers and sensors, including how to identify the right instruments based on needs. Topics include quality control, cost of ownership and installation. He will also participate in the 205 Knowledge Development Forum: Optimizing Your Aeration Control Strategy, discussing the topic, “Optimization of Aeration Control for Nitrogen Removal in an Oxidation Ditch using Online Ammonium and Nitrate Sensors,” from 1:30-5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, in Room 253.
Asad Choudry, Business Development Manager, Xylem, will present the topic, “Stormwater 101: What and Why Wastewater Operators Need to Know about Stormwater at WRRFs,” during the technical session, “I Have That Sinking Feeling: Addressing Stormwater Challenges at WRRFs, Airports and Highways,” from 10:30 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Oct. 3, in Room 343.
Xylem’s Advanced Infrastructure Analytics group will present three technical sessions: “Taking a Deep Dive: Assessing a Critical Ocean Outfall Using High-Tech Underwater Inspection Tools,” from 1:30-5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, Room 354; “Life is Hard to Predict: Calculating Remaining Useful Life in Force Mains,” from 8:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday, Oct. 2, Room 245; and “Risky Business: Putting Dollars and Cents to Asset Risk” from 1:30-3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, Room 256.
At the Xylem Booth
A number of products and technologies will be on display in several engaging formats:
- Virtual reality — Discover three virtual reality experiences at the Xylem booth, including a virtual tour of a Flygt wastewater pump station. The tour gives guests the opportunity to experience how virtual reality can be used for education, inspection and visualization of components that can be difficult to see in the real world. Additionally, booth visitors can get a close-up view of the Flygt Concertor and can embark on a virtual journey with Xylem Watermark to bring safe water to a Cambodian village. Tours will take place in the Xylem booth from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 1-3.
- Stormwater management VR environment — Booth visitors will have the opportunity to solve three challenges caused by severe weather events. Inspired by real-life situations in which Xylem provided stormwater management solutions, the virtual reality scenarios include flood relief in South Carolina, an overflowing detention basin in Belgium and a sewer overflow in Des Moines, Iowa. Tours will take place in the Xylem booth 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 1-3.
- New Sanitaire product — Xylem will feature the new Sanitaire Vorelodos aerobic digester, a complete aerobic digester solution that optimizes the digestion process, reducing both the nutrient return and operational costs.
- Intelligent urban watershed platform — Xylem will also showcase its EmNet BLU-X intelligent urban watershed platform, an open architecture, integrated Real Time Decision Support System (RT-DSS) platform for water utilities to solve the toughest watershed and collection system challenges.
- Flygt adaptive mixing technology — The revolutionary design of Xylem’s adaptive mixer technology couples a high efficiency mixer and state-of-the-art motor efficiency with an integrated variable frequency drive (VFD). The result is improved process resiliency, energy savings, reduced mixer inventory and increased mixer uptime.
- Augmented reality displays of Xylem’s Wedeco Duron UV wastewater system, SMOevoPLUS ozone system and K143 series MiPRO treatment system will enable visitors to see the inner workings and functions of these treatment solutions and how they operate within a variety of parameters.
- New YSI IQ SensorNet Analyzers — Xylem will launch new IQ Analyzers for measuring orthophosphate or ammonium. The new analyzers feature a revolutionary mixing valve that significantly reduces reagent use and maintenance requirements.
- YSI expands MultiLab line of instruments – Xylem’s YSI brand has expanded its line of benchtop lab instruments to add wireless sensor capability. In addition, the MultiLab has been selected for the 2019 Operations Challenge.
- To address issues associated with water and aging infrastructure, Xylem’s Advanced Infrastructure Analytics (AIA) group has curated a unified platform of businesses that provide a broad spectrum of innovative, smart solutions related to water productivity, quality and resiliency. These integrated offerings harness the power of precise data and analytics, cutting-edge technology and predictive software to strengthen and optimize operations. AIA technology makes it easier for utilities of all sizes to manage their water, wastewater and watershed infrastructure assets and deliver a proven return on their investments.
For more information, please visit: http://www.xylem.com/weftec.
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all — that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Branigan Communications | Account Executive
312 E Buffalo Street, Third Floor | Milwaukee, WI 53202
o: 414.459.3943 | c: 920.493.0532 | email@example.com