The next generation of grinder is here!
Crane Pumps & Systems, a Crane Co. Company, announces an extension of the Blade grinder pump line to include explosion proof (XGV) and non-explosion proof (NGV) options. Backed by the dependability and longevity of the Barnes reputation in submersible pumping, Blade grinder pumps are the Barnes solution to high head wastewater grinding applications in commercial and municipal environments.
Blade grinder pumps are available in 3-, 5-, 7.5-, 10- and 15-horsepower explosion-proof models with 2-, 2.5-, and 3-inch discharge sizes. Blade NGV and XGV grinder pumps were designed with the following valuable features and benefits:
- Plug-and-play cord simplifies pump installation with its quick disconnect capability
- Oil-filled motor for optimal motor cooling and maximum bearing life
- Stainless steel hardware provides resistance against corrosion to extend pump life
- Moisture detection probe alerts pending seal issues before water can enter the motor
- Vortex impeller design greatly reduces clogging issues due to troublesome objects
- Exclusive Slicerator™ slices with the full torque of the motor acting on a small area to provide the ultimate solution in solids reduction
- Available in vertical or horizontal discharge (18 frame only) for simple installation and replacement
- Double mechanical seals provide maximum motor protection
- Heavy duty, oil-lubricated bearings extend pump life
- Large lifting bail allows for easy installation
Efficient operation of the Barnes Slicerator™ radial cutting technology reduces torque required to process solids. The cutter uses hardened stainless steel cutting blades in a staggered position against a cutting ring. This unique design prevents clogging due to particularly troublesome solids like plastics, strings, ropes, sanitary napkins, disposable diapers, and cloth materials.
Like most of the Barnes product line, NGV and XGV grinder pumps are manufactured in the United States. Crane Pumps designs, engineers, and manufactures products domestically in the small town of Piqua, Ohio. Crane has been a part of the Piqua community since 1965, providing job opportunities and philanthropic service to the surrounding area. With engineering, operations, customer service, and sales under the same roof, Crane Pumps is able to control the quality of their products and quickly and effectively service their customers.
MODERN PUMPING TODAY, May 2019
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Pumping Today Magazine!